Monday, November 30

Kiss-By-DaSa

“Do not predict anything from the title of the blog”. Always title will say something and the actual content will speak something else still both will have some unrelated relationship. Got-something? Confused? Bored? Want to know more? Keep scrolling like an unborn child…

Let’s take my own example my name PRASHANTH meaning Calm but i believe and encourage in sound pollution. That is not my problem.


Let’s take one example. Yesterday I was watching Akshay Kumar starrer ‘BLUE’ movie, and one of my female colleague messaged me asking “Hi dude, what are you doing?” and without thinking much I replied “hay, I am watching BLUE film. It’s interesting. Everything shot under the sea”. oops.................I don’t know how some one should take my SMS. Sounds ODD isn’t it? Again it is not my mistake; it is problem with the production unit of the movie as they have rights reserved for the title of the movie.

The title problem is not only with the movie, problem also exist in small screen . During old good days, there use to be a TV serial called SHANTHI and story is about a struggling female in a male dominated society. As she was the main character of the serial, director kept the name of the serial as her character name SHANTHI (this was told by director during the start of the serial). After few months the whole story will divert from her and will focus towards her brother-in-law THAKOR VEER PRATHAP. This is because of director’s misadventure. After 6 months when one journalist asked about the same then director changed the plate and released his latest comments saying “SHANTHI means PEACE and it's not just a story of a struggling female, it is about PEACE in life”. Well done director sir !!!  he is the director and he can defend himself in anyway as he likes.

My grandfather use to tell me that if we have doubt then we need to ask the person who knows about it. Few weeks before SONY TV use to flash one advertisement  “COMING SOON - DPL”…… “COMING SOON - DPL”. Well I am one of the biggest fan of IPL, thought about one more T20 cricket series. I was curious to know about that DPL and one day I asked my colleague who is from Delhi ignoring my grandfather’s word and suddenly he replied with all happiness in the world saying “ARE YAAR WHO THO DELHI PREMIER LEAGE like IPL” and I believed him but after few days, I realized that my grandfather's words are correct as I came to know that it was DANCE PREMIER LEAGUE and it’s a dance reality show not T20 cricket show.

10 years before I was watching a daily serial in a TV channel and suddenly below the screen, I use to see a warning message  “END OF THE WORD 2000, IT IS TRUE” – WATCH AT 10.30PM. Even I was curious as other normal human beings and saw that special documentary on the same night . Recently 10 days before I saw the similar message by editing the year  “END OF THE WORD 2012, IT IS TRUE” – WATCH AT 10.30PM. I am still alive and saw both the documentary. But except some amazing graphics stolen from Hollywood movie, I didn’t see any connection with the title. I am sure that after 5 years, there will be one nicer graphical documentary about “END OF 2019”

This title problem is not restricted to only small and big screens. It is also reflecting in our human screens. It was few years back, when i started to work, i used to stay in a rented house and my land lord of that house use to irritate me and always try to fry my head. But I knew that it was not his problem because 53 years back his father was aware about his character when he was born and kept his name as HUCCHAPPA means FATHER OF MAD. Again I and my land lord are helpless about his meaningful name.

Not only movie title, even in real life some names of human beings are controversial too. When I was doing my graduation, me and my roomy are trying to kill the time as it was weekend and we didn’t have anything to do. Suddenly our focus turned into two kids who were playing outside(one is 7 years and another one is 5years) infront of our house and my friend wants to have chat with them and he called them. As an introduction my friend asked their names and we were shocked!!!!. Yes we were shocked ! The elder one said his name is ANIREEKSHITHA and his brother name is NEERIKSHITHA. In English ANIREEKSHITHA means UNEXCPECTED and NEERIKSHITHA means EXCEPECTED. What does it mean? Several questions started to jump in our mind as we are at the verge 20’s. Again it is not our mistake and I also we hope it is not those kids mistake.

When I was writing above stuffs, suddenly my colleague named DASA GUPTA kissed his resume as he got good offer from some other company and I thought this irrelevant title ‘Kiss-by-Dasa’ will suit my relevant blog...........

At the end ‘Kiss-by-Dasa’ doesn't mean that the content is about Dasa's kissing.....!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

megha: too godd dude
superb

Akshaya said...

Awesome one........ I just couldnt stop laughing goin through it :) :) :)
Njoyed..

Anonymous said...

then write a comment saying "it is nice...aweseome..etc

Ananth said...

Dude,

It was really boring, I was expecting some story to start after the first few paragraphs but it never started.

Aravindh said...

As always .... your titles are misleading... ananth got fed up reading inspite of his busy schedule.... !!! however, i was prepared after ananth's warning ;)

Aravindh said...

hey. as always.. your title is misleading ...ananth was too fed up after reading this inspite of his busy schedule.... i was prepared after his warning ;)